Strapping your feet will allow you to better produce power during the pushing and pulling motion of pedaling. If you don’t strap your feet, you will only be able to produce power during the pushing motion. Here are the steps to strap your feet (you can also find these in your müüv bike manual page 24). Refer to your manual if you need to thread your strap back to the clip.
1. Place the ball of each foot on the pedal and in the Toe Cage such that the ball of the foot is centered over the pedal spindle and under the Pedal Strap.
2. Rotate the cranks until one foot is in a position closest to you.
3. To tighten the Pedal Strap, pull up on the end of the strap until it fits snugly over your shoe. Make sure that the strap is secure, but not overly tight or pressing uncomfortably on your foot.
4. Repeat for the other foot.
5. To loosen the Pedal Strap, press down on the Clip that holds the strap secure, and pull slightly outward. Release the Clip to lock the strap into place.